Nasekomo is a Bulgarian company developing innovative knowhow and cutting-edge technologies for production of insect protein, oil and fertilizer for the feed and agriculture industries. Nasekomo is specialized in the bioconversion of organic byproducts and residual food streams by the Black Soldier Fly (Hermetia illucens).
Currently we are looking for Mechanical/Process Engineer.
Duties and responsibilities:
As a Process Engineer you will have duties as:
• Prepare PFDs and P&IDs of insect rearing processes and equipment.
• Prepare mass balances and energy balances for insect rearing material flows.
• Prepare functional requirements and dimensioning of equipment systems and components.
• Prepare 2D and 3D equipment layouts.
• Prepare Terms of Reference for contracting the engineering and manufacturing of insect rearing equipment and systems
• Participate in offer evaluation, contracting, acceptance and commissioning of insect rearing equipment and systems.
• Draft process ideas to reduce costs and improve production rates.
• Perform risk assessments.
• Design and test process upgrades and new process systems
• Ensure processes comply with safety and quality standards.
• Perform process simulations and troubleshoot issues.
• Develop standardized operating instructions for the upgraded processes.
• Curiosity and desire to learn.
• Analytical thinking
• Good knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD software for engineering design
• Understanding of operation and technical requirements of equipment components and systems
• Good understanding of integration of individual systems (mechanical, electrical, HVAC, pneumatic, piping, other) in a process plant
• Ability to understand new processes and their feasibility requirements.
• Understanding of technological and economic feasibility of process equipment
• Analytical skills for troubleshooting designs not working as planned, asking the right questions and finding answers that work.
• Ingenuity for using the broad concepts of engineering and applying them to address specific production problems.
• Interpersonal skills in developing positive working relationships with other employees working with the production process.
• Project management skills
• University Degree in mechanical or process engineering
• At least 3 years in engineering design company or process plant with involvement in equipment and process performance monitoring and improvements
• High standards of work and excellent working environment.
• Extensive opportunities for continuous learning, professional growth and advancement
• Dynamic and interesting work that makes global impact.
• Food vouchers
• Medical insurance
• Opportunity for Multisport card