MURRAY - POLSKA RECRUITMENT
POSITION : MACHINE SETTER
STARTING SALARY : €42,000
HOURS: 42 HOURS – STAGGERED SHIFT WORK
ACCOMODATION : CAN BE €100 PW Depending on Arrangements
CONTRACT: FULL TIME PERMANENT POSITION
PROBATIONARY PERIOD : 6 MONTHS
COMMENCEMENT : 1 MONTHS TIME
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 6
LOCATION : SOUTH OF IRELAND - WATERFORD
JOB REFERENCE : MPR 2006
JOB DESCRIPTION / SPECIFICATION
The position is that of a Machine Setter. Responsible for looking after and taking
responsibility for the production of product and the setting of Repeat Product on any
particular Machine Tool that he/she is trained to operate. Also responsible for on machine
Programming, Setting, and Proving out new Products. You are expected to achieve defined
set up times and cycle times and in cases where this is not achieved work with manufacturing
engineering to close the gap. Responsible for creating and contributing to the creation of
work instructions so that each process can be handed back to level 2 operators for repeat
PPE adherence 100%
Work order adherence 100%
Correct clocking procedures
Have machine ready for next operator coming on shift
Ensure product has been moved to next stage production by end of shift
First time right
MAIN TASKS OF THE JOB
1. Ensure that machine is operated in a safe manner in accordance with operating manual.
2. Ensure coolant and oil levels are maintained.
3. Set up repeat Jobs in line with work instructions.
4. Adhere to set up times and if one cannot meet the times inform Section Team leader.
5. Set up New Jobs in line with Customer requirements and SPL internal SOPs
6. Program new work in line with Customer requirements and SPL internal SOPs.
7. Support engineering with the planning of processes on New or Changed product.
8. Conduct Manufacturing reviews of new drawings as part of Engineering Review.
9. Feedback to Manufacturing Engineering and contribute to Root Cause analysis of
manufacturing issues as and when required.
10. Ensure cycle times are within acceptable limits and report to supervisor if they are not.
11. Ensure that all products is measured and recorded in line with all requirements.
12. Constantly monitor product and address any and all non-conformances.
13. Maintain high standard of housekeeping and be pro active on H&S issues.
14. Adhere to cGMP standards and continually ensure that SOPs are followed.
15. Keep self up to date with relevant SOPs and work practices.
16. Work within all aspects of Health & Safety programme and adhere to company safety
policies at all times.
17. Other duties as assigned