Job Title: General Operative
Reports to: Team Leader
Job Family/Function: Production
Callan Bacon are a large Meat Manufacturing Company located in Westcourt, Callan, Co. Kilkenny. This is a full time position - 39 hours per week Monday to Saturday. We operate a Morning and Evening shift. Our morning shift is 6.00-14.30 and our evening shift is 15.00 -23.30. You will receive overtime rates for hours worked over 39 hours.
Purpose of Job:
This role involves packing, labeling and weighing meat products on an assembly line.
The General Operative will report to the Production Manager or Production Supervisor and will take direction on a day to day basis from the Team Leader.
They will be required to be available on both the day and the evening shift depending on business levels and shift rotation.
They will ensure that products are produced safely, efficiently to the highest level of quality for the customer.
Comply with SOPs, Safety and Quality system and procedures in their area.
Follow and adhere to work instructions and procedures.
Highlight any product, package or machine deficiencies to Team Leader or supervisor.
Skills and experience required:
- A good command of the English language both written and oral.
- Previous experience in manufacturing is highly desirable
- Good organisational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Teamwork and positive interpersonal skills
- An eye for detail, quality focused and results orientated
- Flexibility to work both day and evening shifts and to be available to work overtime if required.