Our client is a UK-based FinTech company with an innovative own product – an active and successful finance and wealth management platform, advising high-wealth people on assets and financial balance.
The company is setting up its new Bulgarian branch and is building its own team and is looking to hire a skilled remote working Senior Software Engineer Java/Kotlin to join the successful team and to contribute to the further progress.
In this role you will be responsible for the design and implementation of the event-driven microservices architecture, bringing the responsiveness, efficiency, scalability, robustness and security of the system up to the next level.
• Take the ownership of core system services, continuously improve the quality of the services by refactoring the architectural design and applying state-of-the-art technologies
• Establish and promote best practices in terms of the software lifecycle and QA, develop software solutions in key business areas.
• Contribute to the technical roadmap and bridge existing gaps by bringing on board extensive knowledge and skills on Cloud-native event-driven microservice architecture
• Collaborate with Product and Data teams to streamline the existing business processes and data flows
• Collaboration with the Head of DevOps to consolidate the existing software infrastructure and CI/CD pipelines
• Document, demonstrate and disseminate solutions by technical reports, diagrams, and blogs/vlogs
• Support and develop junior and mid-level software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities (20% of the working load)
• 7+ years of experience as a professional software engineer using Kotlin or Java programming language (willing to learn Kotlin)
• A track record of successfully delivering software projects using Service-Oriented, Cloud-based and event-driven techniques
• In-depth knowledge and skills on the Spring framework, including Spring boot, Spring Data, Spring Cloud and Spring Security
• Extensive experience on using RDBMS and NoSQL databases
• Extensive experience on using Apache Kafka
• Familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes
• Familiarity with Jenkins based automated CI/CD pipelines
• Familiarity with static code analysis, TDD/BDD, exception handling, and monitoring and alerting facilities, such as Sonarqube, Pact, Cucumber, Sentry, Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana and PagerDuty
• Familiarity with project management tools
• Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
• Strength in problem solving and issue-resolution with good attention to detail
• Fluent in English.
• Strongly motivated and sets demanding standards for personal excellence
• Autonomous self-starter and highly driven, able to lead large teams and initiatives with limited oversight
• Effective collaborator with other team members
• Independent thinker, inquisitive, eager to improve and learn
• Confident being part of a small team that is building a business
• Non-hierarchical and ego-free
• Communicates rapidly, openly, inclusively and efficiently
• Structured thought process and clear communication
• Great salary
• Potential for equity participation
• 25 days holiday
• Flexibility for working from home
• Your choice of equipment
• Regular team events
• Exceptional team of experienced and motivated individuals from a range of industries
Speed Hiring Process:
1. Intro Recruiter Call
2. Video Meeting with the CTO/Co-founder
3. If necessary, a second meeting will be scheduled
Please note: The submitted data information is personal as per the Personal Data Protection Law and per GDPR and will be treated confidentially.
IESF Bulgaria is an international recruitment agency (license N: 2441 / 18.01.2018).
Only short-listed applicants are going to be contacted.