Sporty is a mobile internet business with a focus on emerging markets. Our integrated sports media, gaming and social platform serves a huge userbase across numerous countries. We have a talented and proven team of 250+ people comprised of 80+ tech and product staff, and 150+ operations and support. We are looking to expand our tech team count to 100+ people as we look to drive further geographical expansion, whilst iterating on our offering with a user-driven development approach.
We are now looking for a super bright and experienced Senior Backend Developer to join and work along with our talented tech team.
You would be doing:
- Develop highly-scalable software for millions of users;
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new / revised applications or large/complex development projects;
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate;
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of the platform;
- Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives;
- Mentor less experienced technical staff.
Tech Stack you would be using:
- Backend: Java / Spring Boot
- Frontend: VueJs, Webpack, FreeMarker, Element UI
- DB: MySQL, Oracle, Aurora, Redis
- MQ: RocketMQ, RabbitMQ
- DevOps: AWS, Drone CI, K8S, Rancher, Jenkins
You would have/be:
- 5+ years’ experience as a Backend Developer – a must;
- Highly proficient in Java, Spring Boot – a must;
- Experience with MySQL, Git, MyBatis and RabbitMq – a must
- Experience in Microservices architecture;
- Experience with VueJs, Webpack, FreeMarker, Element UI;
- Experience with Oracle, Aurora – an advantage;
- Experience with RocketMQ – an advantage;
- Experience with AWS, Drone CI, K8S, Rancher, Jenkins;
- Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis;
- Great communication skills;
- Capabilities to work as independently as possible;
- Fluent written and spoken English.
We would offer to you:
- Highly competitive salary;
- Quarterly Bonuses;
- Flash Bonuses;
- Top-of-the-line equipment;
- Flexible working hours;
- Flexible working location;
- Additional Health Care;
- Food Vouchers;
- Learning and Development Allowance;
- Additional day off for each year spent in the company;
- A present for your birthday;
- Team building events;
- Company team building events in selected locations.
- To be a part of a small enough company to allow you to have a big impact and large enough to provide structure and clarity;
- Work along very fresh and bright people;
- Global multi-cultural working environment.