Snapshot Games is a video game developer and publisher founded in 2013 by Julian Gollop – award winning designer of the original X-COM games - and David Kaye - founder of Gaming Insiders. Our latest title, Phoenix Point, was released in December 2019. Now we are expanding our team in order to successfully develop Phoenix Point and start on new studio projects.
We are looking for a skilled Graphical User Interface Programmer to join our very experienced and creative team. As a GUI programmer you will take part in the design and development of the GUI of Phoenix Point. This includes both the strategic (Geoscape) and tactical layer of the game. Your work will include crunching the game state and presenting it to the players, managing the overall GUI state of the game, handling layouts and transitions, creating custom GUI elements, managing resources, handling localization, measuring and improving performance.
The game is developed using the Unity3D game engine and most of the code is written in C#. We are looking for a creative, collaborative thinker with multiple skills and a passion for creating high quality video games.
- At least 1 year of professional experience as a programmer
- Experience writing GUI code and/or designing UX for interactive applications
- Proficiency in at least one mainstream programming language (C/C++, Java, C#)
- Strong debugging and profiling skills
- Good data structure and algorithm design skills
- Decent knowledge of video game related mathematics (Linear algebra, Trigonometry, Probability and Statistics)
- Working knowledge of English language
- Looking for long-term engagement
- Game development experience (professionally or as a hobby)
- Experience with the Unity3D game engine
- Proficiency in C#
- Familiarity with turn-based strategy games
- Artistic skills (e.g. being able to draw)
- Skills with GUI authoring and prototyping tools (Photoshop, Blender)
- UX design skills (e.g. being able to produce UX flow charts)
- Creative and non-routine work. You are expected to provide the most efficient way to solve a work task.
- Opportunity for you to have a tangible contribution to the final product
- Friendly team, informal and transparent company culture
- Structured career path, regular performance assessment
- Knowledge sharing, conferences, trainings
- Competitive salary
- Company benefits, including food vouchers, medical & dental care insurance, sports card
- 25 work days paid holiday / year
- Possibility for flexible working hours (occasional work from home is possible)
- Team-buildings, events, internal game tournaments
…. and, of course, beer Fridays and fresh fruits in the office :)Selection process:
- Screening of your CV and the the other items in you application
- You will need to complete a programming assignment in your own time
- Technical interview
- Job offer