We are looking for a Software Engineer passionate about organizing, storing and processing efficiently large amounts of data.
WHO WE ARE:
Transmetrics is a rapidly growing startup that is dramatically changing the cargo transport industry worldwide by predicting and optimizing capacity utilization. This is a huge industry - more than €2 trillion globally. At the same time, it is extremely inefficient - average capacity utilization is only 57%, and 1 in 4 trucks you see on the road is traveling empty!
To solve this problem, Transmetrics developed a Big Data predictive analytics SaaS that is designed specifically for cargo transport industry. We use statistical algorithms, data mining, and machine learning techniques to create accurate shipping demand forecasts and to suggest the most optimal transport plan. Being the first company in the world to focus on predictive optimization for cargo industry, Transmetrics is already working with the leading logistics companies worldwide.
The Transmetrics founders and team have extensive domain knowledge in the cargo industry as well as deep technical expertise in building massive data processing and predictive analytics solutions. We have solid backing by both venture capital and high-profile angel investors from the industry.
The opportunity is great, but we need you to help us get there!
WE EXPECT YOU TO:
– be eager to learn the ins and outs of database best practices, design implementations, and data processing;
– have a broad overview of the entire Software-as-a-Service creation process, as you will be able to quickly find out where your interests lie and either focus your work on a narrower area of expertise or do a bit of everything
Our product revolves around providing our clients with key insights about their data, a cutting-edge forecast, and optimization of their business. As Software Developers we get to design and create every step of the process from our Data Warehouse, through the complex and challenging but always interesting client data integration, all the way to presenting our work with a stunning UI to our end users. There is room for innovation on every leg of the journey and we make sure that all voices are heard when taking decisions on how to implement something new. There is no endless bouncing from project to project at Transmetrics. Through a continuous integration process, we see our work quickly making a real positive impact on the way customers interact with our software.
– A GOOD TROUBLESHOOTER: Knowing where to find information on why you may be facing an issue is 95% of the battle to fix it. The ability to understand technical documentation and API references guarantees a good start in any software field;
– QUICK LEARNER: Any candidate for this position is guaranteed to learn a lot as their work progresses. The ability to keep an open mind and to be eager to learn new things is of vital importance.
– Develop: As we develop our product further, we constantly have to code new features or improve existing workflows;
– Integrate: Understand general data workflows and integrate them into a new or existing data processing mechanism. Doing so while also keep the code solid and maintainable;
– Learn and Grow: From day one the team is there to help you develop. Gradually we expect new members to start assisting with data integration and feature design as they get more acquainted with the product and the business logic behind it.
HOW YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME:
– 70% – Writing code and tests;
– 10% – Assisting the agile process;
– 10% – Refactoring;
– 5% – Reviewing code;
– 4% – Documenting;
– 1% – Drinking coffee (or tea).
WHAT WE OFFER:
– Building a product that will dramatically optimize the cargo industry – this is our way of “changing the world for the better.”
– Competitive salary, 25 days paid annual vacation, flexible working hours, an opportunity to work from home when needed and a convenient office location in the center of Sofia.
– Be challenged by technically complex problems in the fields of big data, predictive analytics and machine learning.
– Learn from a strong international team of 24 people (majority with a very deep technical background) where you are appreciated and where your opinion matters.
– Have fun along the way in a dynamic, creative, and friendly atmosphere without the burden of the office politics.
– Advance your skills and develop yourself in a rapidly growing startup, which is already generating solid revenue and has first-class customers.
To apply, please send us your CV in English.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview (usually within 1 week).
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.