We are looking for a Senior Software Developer in Java, SQL and Python.
WHO WE ARE:
Transmetrics is a rapidly growing startup that is dramatically changing the cargo transport industry worldwide by predicting and optimizing capacity utilization. This is a huge industry - more than €2 trillion globally. At the same time, it is extremely inefficient - average capacity utilization is only 57%, and 1 in 4 trucks you see on the road is traveling empty!
To solve this problem, Transmetrics developed a Big Data predictive analytics SaaS that is designed specifically for cargo transport industry. We use statistical algorithms, data mining, and machine learning techniques to create accurate shipping demand forecasts and to suggest the most optimal transport plan. Being the first company in the world to focus on predictive optimization for cargo industry, Transmetrics is already working with the leading logistics companies worldwide.
The Transmetrics founders and team have extensive domain knowledge in the cargo industry as well as deep technical expertise in building massive data processing and predictive analytics solutions. We have solid backing by both venture capital and high-profile angel investors from the industry.
The opportunity is great, but we need you to help us get there!
YOUR JOB WILL BE TO:
– Co-develop a rapidly expanding (technically and functionally) product
– Collaborate with the CTO on the product architecture
– Participate in code reviews (giving and receiving)
– Share knowledge and mentor other colleagues
– Work with an agile methodology (Scrum) and tools (Jira)
WE EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
– Demonstrable experience in and passion about software development
– Knowledge of Java, SQL and Python
– Knowledge of the other product technologies (see above) is considered an advantage
– Strong capacity and willingness to learn
– Passionate about achieving results and making a difference to the company and its customers
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields or demonstrated capability through experience
– Good command of written and spoken English
WHAT WE OFFER:
– Building a product that will dramatically optimize the cargo industry – this is our way of “changing the world for the better.”
– Competitive salary, 25 days paid annual vacation, flexible working hours, an opportunity to work from home when needed and a convenient office location in the center of Sofia.
– Be challenged by technically complex problems in the fields of big data, predictive analytics and machine learning.
– Learn from a strong international team of 24 people (majority with a very deep technical background) where you are appreciated and where your opinion matters.
– Have fun along the way in a dynamic, creative, and friendly atmosphere without the burden of the office politics.
– Advance your skills and develop yourself in a rapidly growing startup, which is already generating solid revenue and has first-class customers.
To apply, please send us your CV in English.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview (usually within 1 week).
Your application will be treated with confidentiality.