Emerson Croft is seeking a Python developer to join the remote team at a stealth-mode startup.
The company is building out an AI-enabled recommendation system for scholarly articles, with the goal of closing the gap between discoveries and treatments. They’re looking for a developer steeped in Python to help them with the project, which could save thousands of lives. You’ll be responsible for writing new code and refactoring legacy code to help the recommendation system run at peak efficiency. You’ll also be called upon to own major changes that will determine overall system architecture for years to come.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned veteran of the Python ecosystem, and knows test-driven development inside and out. If you’ve been thinking about tackling your next project in a brand new space, this startup is an ideal opportunity. You could have an outsized impact on this company’s codebase as they build software that solves a universal problem.
Work from anywhere, set your own schedule, and take personal time whenever you need it. Put your potential into practice like never before. Apply now.
- Improve existing code for the recommendation system
- Implement new models trained by the ML research team
- Own architectural changes, TDD, and A/B Testing framework
- Refactor the legacy code
- Design the system architecture
- Improve general code quality, write tests
- 3-7 years of experience with the Python ecosystem
- 3 or more years of experience with Python architecture and development patterns
- Knowledge of the following tools:
- Setuptools and other packaging tools
- Versioning systems (Git, Gitlab CI/CD)
- OOP and design patterns
- Public and private package managers
- Highly scalable applications and associated monitoring
- MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Experience with multithreading
- API experience, with an understanding of REST and Swagger
- Experience using linter tools
Nice to have:
- Experience with the other DB types
- Message queueing
- Microservices architecture
- Flask / Django / FastAPI