- Participate in the implementation of IT infrastructure (server, OS, network, or firewalls) according to Premier Research’s standards and procedures
- Regular administration and operational functions for IT Infrastructure equipment
- Working knowledge of compliance with regulatory requirements (i.e. 21 CFR Part 11), existing SOPs and WIs, and generally accepted industry practices
- Coordinate resources, project schedules, and communications for infrastructure projects
- Provide off hours support on an infrequent, but as needed basis
- Suggest potential improvements to the technical infrastructure relative to server, application, OS, network, security, business continuity, and service delivery, etc.
- Participate in asset requisition, acquisition, receipt, and management
- All other projects and tasks as assigned
EDUCATION, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Educational Background
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related discipline or equivalent combined education and experience, plus significant related information systems/technology experience in IT operations
- 5+ years of experience in a global IT environment supporting infrastructure operations and related technologies; or an equivalent experience of 7+ years with significant infrastructure related systems/technology experience in IT operations and direct experience in a global distributed supporting server, OS, network and firewall infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with the following: MS Server OS, Meraki Networks, Cisco, Fortinet Firewalls
- Must possess or obtain within 18 months from date of hire, an industry recognized technical certification such as a CCNA or CISSP or equivalent
- Background in CRO, pharmaceutical, biotech development, or health care industry preferred
3. Personal skills & behaviors
- Excellent communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal)
- Ability to handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines in a dynamic environment is essential. Must have experience in managing projects within a standard project management framework.
- Process-orientated design, strong client service, leadership and project management skills are essential.
- Highly effective presentation, documentation, interpersonal, and leadership skills with a team-oriented approach are necessary
- Must be able to work in an independent environment