One of our projects that we're working on with a partner from USA is a large complex informational system built to collect, process and sell statistical data.
In close cooperation with our partner we're in search of a skilled person who will take care of our system administration tasks. The area of responsibilities is very wide and includes things such as server administration, software installation and maintenance, user management etc.
Below you can find the requirements and the examples of tasks you might be requested to do:
1. Good knowledge of Linux / Unix family, especially such distributions as
- Amazon Linux
2. Install and configure a wide line of server-side software, from databases to web applications, like the following:
(the list is not complete, other requests of such kind are possible)
3. Install and configure Zabbix or any other similar monitoring tool. Build complex Zabbix metrics by request (like the most CPU/memory consuming processes; charts of the relation between server load and http service workers activity etc).
4. Configure SSH, Telnet access, manage an internal network between our servers, manage user access by developer's requests.
5. Experience with Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon CF.
The list is not complete because of our project is being developed permanently and it is not possible to strictly limit the area of responsibilites. We may discuss the need of additional skills on a personal interview.
Knowledge of Ruby on Rails based systems (Thin, Puma, Nginx + Passenger) is an great advantage.
Our requests will be occasional, so you can consider our project as an addition to your existing job.
The payment is hourly-based. The salary specified here a) is the gross amount b) means some average level of skills and occupation of approximately 20 hours per month. The actual payment depends on how much requests do we have at a moment.
We're open for remote work opportunities, but we prefer if you live in Sofia to stay in better contact with our representatives.