Purpose of the Role: To support the Director in ensuring HR practices in Bulgaria are in line with the Company’s strategic aims and objectives. To provide the day-to-day operational management for Bulgarian HR function.
• Receiving calls, transmitting the information to Director.
• Organizing the office layout and ordering stationery and equipment.
• Organizing products and materials supplies.
• Maintaining the office condition, arranging cleaning.
• Organizing business trips: booking transport and accommodation.
• Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and Fire Regulations.
• Basic accounting
• Recording and tracking budgets for office consumables
• Completing expense and travel request forms etc. in co-ordination with Finance Team
Policies and Procedures
• Recommending to Director new policies and procedures aligned to business needs.
• Providing expert professional advice and support to managers and staff on Company’s policies and procedures.
• Raising awareness of the policies and procedures within the business, to ensure that managers and staff and able to operate them effectively and to deliver a consistent and fair approach to people management throughout the Company.
• Acting as the principal point of contact for all grievance and disciplinary matters. Providing advice and guidance on individual employee relations cases, ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirements of best practice and employment legislation.
• Developing initiatives in conjunction with Director to promote employee health and wellbeing and to minimise sickness absence. Managing occupational health referrals and providing pastoral support and advice to employees.
• Managing flexible working requests.
• Coordinating Varna IT Ltd. performance management process, including the annual appraisal process.
• Assisting line managers in developing performance management plans as and when required. Dealing with performance issues in a legally compliant and professional way.
• Overseeing probationary periods of staff.
• Working in partnership with other key stakeholders in the business, to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
• Raising awareness of employment law throughout the business and advising management on compliance and risk factors.
• Keeping up to date with legal developments.
• Promoting equality and diversity in all employment practices.
• Liaising with various public institutions as required.
• Recommending tools to increase employee engagement and satisfaction.
• Suggesting and assist with implementation of solutions to improve people-related communications, to ensure that staff are informed and updated on key business and organisational issues.
• Working with the Director to develop an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, employee retention and high performance.
• Advising on local pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits.
• Gathering and analysing market data to measure the competitiveness of the Company’s compensation and benefits package. Making recommendations as appropriate.
• Actively supporting the annual salary review and bonus processes.
• Negotiating with staff and their representatives on issues relating to pay and conditions.
• Ensuring that a fast and efficient HR function is delivered.
• Overseeing the new starter and leaver processes.
• Supporting the Director for objectives that support the needs of the business, but is also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur.
• Providing information and reports on key people metrics, as and when required.
• Developing and making recommendations through coaching, mentoring, annual appraisal process and continuous feedback.
• Keeping abreast of professional knowledge by maintaining personal networks and studying developments within the industry. Participating in training as appropriate to maintain own professional expertise and CPD.
• Escalating issues to Director as appropriate.
• Undertaking other reasonable duties as instructed by senior management.
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Administrative skills and Business Communication skills
• Basic Accountancy skills
• Languages: Russian, English and Bulgarian
• Proven generalist experience, including the ability to work at operational levels.
• Previous experience of developing and implementing policies and procedures.
• Ability to influence and quickly build strong working relationships with senior managers. Experience of coaching managers on policies, HR best practice and a variety of employment law issues.
• Strong working knowledge of employment law issues and the ability to apply it to a variety of situations, using a common sense approach. Ability to explain legal information to staff in a straightforward way.
• Excellent prioritising skills, ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
• Strong IT and communication skills. A good working knowledge of HR systems.
• Customer focus, with a proactive and results-driven approach.
• Demonstrable recruitment and selection experience.
• Committed to upholding professional standards.
• Flexibility in terms of working hours.
• Positive can-do attitude.
• Creative mind-set.