For a new and exciting project, VR Team is seeking a world-class Payment Manager. You will be the key leader of the Payment Operations Team responsible for ensuring that payment processing is efficient, effective, and accurate for our customers.
Your focus will be to support our partner’s and client\'s payments team scale with ease and confidence as they continue to grow. The optimal candidate thrives in a culture of harnessing ongoing process improvement and has a \'can do\' attitude. This role is a unique and exciting opportunity to facilitate smooth payment transactions and improve the industry-leading business model\'s payment flow.
• Navigating complex data sets, software tools, and banking interfaces to drive automation, reporting, and process excellence within a high-volume, high-reliability payments processing environment.
• Proactively review processes to identify inefficiencies, control weaknesses, and identifying opportunities for improved efficiency and effectiveness. Additionally, requiring quantitative analysis to support any recommendations.
• Keeping up to date with industry-accepted best practices for payment processing and recommend implementation as appropriate.
• Ongoing study of client processing to enhance and enrich existing setups.
• Owning payment and support issues from beginning to end, working with internal teams as appropriate to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a systematic and timely fashion.
• Ensuring operational risks associated with payment flows are adequately documented, managed, and mitigated.
• Designing and monitoring reports and dashboards that capture meaningful data and propose ways of increasing acceptance rates, decrease false positives and reduce chargeback and fraud risks.
• Refining and developing new operating workflows to create a highly efficient production environment.
• Minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience in a Payments Operations leadership position within the FinTech domain (at a payment processor or at merchant side).
• Thorough knowledge of the payment and fraud landscapes.
• Advanced command of Excel and ability to interpret data.
• Minimum Bachelor\'s Degree in Business Administration, Business Engineering, Mathematics or Economics.
• Well-versed with common project management tools and ability to easily adapt to unfamiliar tools (Asana, Confluence, Jira).
• An analytical data-driven approach in tackling business challenges to eliminate roadblocks.
• Demonstrated ability to triage incoming issues and prioritize accordingly.
• Ability to use commercial banking tools and payment interfaces to create, track, or remediate payment transactions.
• Innate problem-solving skills and a team player mindset.
• The ideal candidate embodies the entrepreneurial spirit, is always willing to work collaboratively, and accomplishes tasks with grit, a sense of urgency, and excitement.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills both in English and German.
• Availability during clients\' business hours in the CET timezone.
What we offer
• Growth: We are expanding rapidly into new markets, launching new services, and creating a world-class company
• Stability: We value our clients and projects and thrive in a long-term relationship for mutual success
• Remote-first culture: Even before the COVID-pandemics, we engaged with our clients remotely. Work from the convenience of your home to be entirely focused on a job well done.
• Work environment: You will be leveraging skills and experience in payment operations and working with a highly motivated technology-driven team.
• Benefits: We offer a competitive salary with an above-average vacation policy.