A1 is looking for a Senior accountant! Are you the missing link?
For the starting of a new organization, directed towards offering global business services, we are looking for experts in accounting to join our team and be part of history.
- maintain accounting books and records in accordance with the requirements set out by the IFRS;
- actively contribute to the accounting and financial reporting process, including application of IFRS and group reporting in your daily work;
- ensure the accurate, timely and complete processing of journals and reconciliation of accounts;
- identify process improvement opportunities based on the use of technologies;
- ensure accurate recording and analysis of accounts and transactions;
- perform systematic arrangement of SOX related documentation;
- support with accounting tasks and month-end and year-end financial closing process;
- work with external and internal auditors;
- support stakeholders in resolving sensitive and complex inquiries and issues, help for improving end-user knowledge in order to reduce the processes exceptions;
- provide support to the Chief Accountant and Financial Director on the accounting and financial reporting processes;
- drive initiatives to increase process efficiency, standardization and redesign in line with the business need;
- take part in various projects for new systems implementation and process optimization;
- manage the onboarding plan for new comers, and participate in their day-to-day induction and training activities.
If you are good at:
- understanding and applying the IFRS requirements in practice;
- preparing individual and consolidated financial statements under IFRS;
- updating accounting policies and procedures and communicating changes with accountants, management, external auditors;
- dealing with complex calculations and accounting estimations;
- collecting, analyzing and summarizing accounting and business information for the purposes of the management and the annual external audit, ensuring reliable and timely communication with auditors and other stakeholders.
And you have:
- over 4 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably in a multinational environment;
- experience in a large company and/or experience in Shared Service Center is considered as an advantage;
- knowledge and experience in financial reporting - individual and consolidated;
- knowledge in IFRS/IAS ;
- experience with auditors or experience as an auditor;
- university degree in Finance or Accountancy;
- fluent level of English – written and spoken; German is an advantage;
- expertise with accounting software, e.g. SAP, Billing systems, etc.
We offer you:
- a chance to join one of the most exciting fast-developing industries and to work for the market leader;
- to work in friendly, ambitious and motivated team of professionals;
- on- and off-the- job training according to personal potential and company needs;
- challenging assignments and career development opportunities in multinational environment;
- attractive remuneration package and fringe benefits;
- flexible working schedule and opportunity for home office.