One of our projects that we're working on with a partner from USA is a large complex informational system built to collect, process and sell statistical data.
In close cooperation with our partner we're in search of a Web Software Developer whose main responsibilites will be:
- Fix and improve the site of the project, as well as the online store
- Develop integrations of the site and the store with third-party online services
The project is based on Ruby on Rails, so we would be glad if you have some experience with this technology.
If you're a talented student or a trainee without experience, you're welcome to start and grow in our company. But please show us you're not only just want to have a job, but strongly dedicated to the Ruby on Rails technology. A GitHub repository, a personal or academic project, a corresponding education might be a great ground to start. Please DO NOT send to us an empty CV which shows no Ruby interest at all.
If you're not familiar with Ruby on Rails yet, but you're ready to switch to RoR, learn it and love it, please show us at least a couple years of education or/and experience in any Web related development - Java, Python, PHP. Experience with one of well known frameworks - Django, Symfony etc - is a great advantage.
The list of the other technologies you may want to review before you apply:
We have large codebase you will need to dig into. Your responsibilities will include investigating, fixing and improving a lot of code written by others. So it is important for you to be flexible, share our coding principles and make your contributing here and there.
We'd also expect from you the following:
- Fluent english. We're an international team, so the communicating is vital.
- Be in touch. We're distributed team, so you should be very self-organized and consider internet communications as your second nature, staying in permanent contact with colleagues.
- Ability to work remotely. Your couch is your office. You should stay concentrated during your work hours.
- Remote work is possible
- Partial occupation is possible (about 20 hours per week and more)
- Possibility to gain experience in the international environment
- Opportunity to obtain experience in Linux OS and Ruby application environment
- Flexible form of employment
Please note this position supposes part-time occupation only, about 20 hours per week, depends on the current scope of tasks.