With roots that trace back to 1919, AIG is a global insurance company with operations in more than 80 countries and 54 000 employees. Today, based in New York, we are established as a multinational market leader.
AIG is the first foreign insurer in Bulgaria which entered the market of life insurance in 1997 focusing mainly on local corporate clients. In the autumn of 2013, the company started building a strategic center in Sofia (Sofia Center of Excellence) whose main focus is on supporting the operations of our European business units, as well as optimizing and improving the existing processes. Currently, we are a team of nearly 500 people, supporting our consumer and business clients from more than 10 countries in Europe. Our culture promotes operational excellence and expertise, process improvement, knowledge sharing, integrity, and engagement.Main Responsibilities:
The Travel Assistance Coordinator is responsible for delivering specialized medical assistance to our customers who are facing life threatening situations, including dealing with severe health conditions, travel accidents, natural disasters, and even terrorist attacks. By providing guidance and emergency medical travel services to customers, including pre-travel advice, cost containment, and identifying potential recovery opportunities, the Travel Guard team is there when our clients need us most. If you are looking for a meaningful career and feel most rewarded by helping others, this role will give you the chance to develop your true potential. Previous insurance experience is not required, as extensive internal trainings ensure we internally build and develop a next generation of insurance experts.
- Serving as first point of contact for policy holders who experience accidents abroad
- Showing great understanding of customer situation, taking into consideration various circumstances and desired outcome
- Communicating extensively with customers and other parties (i.e. providers, partners, medical professionals, airline companies, other institutions)
- Monitoring and reporting on patient status, making appropriate arrangements for either emergency remote medical treatment, or medical evacuation.
- Gathering and storing case data according to internal compliance regulations, ensuring patient’s data confidentiality
- Performing reviews of policy details and approving expenses for assistance cases based on its terms and conditions.
- Taking pro-active steps to effectively meet customer expectations by demonstrating high quality, professionalism, and accuracy.
- Fostering a culture of cooperation between team members to ensure high professional standards and positive atmosphere.Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of both German and English language – C1.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, organize and prioritize own tasks effectively.
- Very good problem solving skills.
- Team-work capabilities – knowledge sharing, providing/seeking guidance and advice when needed.
- General computer literacy – MS Office.
- Work experience in customer service will be considered as a strong advantage.
- Willingness to work on shifts (day shifts only).Company offers:
- Various Trainings, Personal Development Programs, Opportunities for Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Refer a Friend Program
- Additional Health Insurance with medical and dental coverage
- Game Area - Table Tennis, PS4, Foosball, Board Games
- Great Work-Life Balance – opportunities for work from home
- Weekly Massages, Sport Card Subscription, Employee Sport Teams
- Modern Office close to Metro Station
- Regular company and team events
- Monthly food allowance and free drinks in the office
- Special discounts