The Credit Controller will be reporting to Global Collections Manager, responsible to ensure timely customer collection in accordance to the defined SLAs/KPIs. This role will support to deliver timely cash collection, reviewing own ledger, placing accounts on stop, and OTC global process initiative to streamline the process, it includes system enhancement & automation. The key accountability include ensuring compliance to Group policies and procedures; and relevant legal and statutory requirement. The successful applicant will possess strong critical thinking and decision making skills. Your work will play a major role in maximizing revenue. The ideal candidate will need to show ability to collaborate with our Sales; Client Relationship and Billing departments for effective credit control.
If you have:
• Fluent in spoken and written English;
• Fluent in spoken and written in either Spanish, French, German, Italian, Polish;
• Minimum 3 A’ levels of education, or equivalent;
• Degree / ICM qualification;
• 2 years in Credit Control with proven record of debt reduction;
• Good listening skills, resourceful, positive, responsible;
• Excel (intermediate), able to produce simple mail merges and V Look ups;
• Willingness to learn and progress career;
You might fit the position.
But if you are also:
• Communicative, organised, aware of cultural differences;
• Enthusiastic and positive approach;
• Excellent verbal, oral and written skills;
• Able to work individually and also within a team;
• Good communicator who works calmly under pressure;
• Team player;
• Good understanding of the business and products;
• Lively, communicative, organised, good listener, resourceful, positive, responsible;
• Able to maintain a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude, irrespective of results;
• To have the ability to deal with queries with the minimum of supervision;
• To have the ability to find solutions to obstacles hindering monthly progress.
Then we're pretty sure you are the perfect fit for us!
Some of the responsibilities you'll have:
• Assisting the Credit Control Team with guidance from the Global Collections Manager
• To make a minimum 50 outbound phone calls to clients each day Assisting in the implementation of new processes & procedures
• To achieve the cash collection targets as set by the Manager
• To cover every account in own ledger on a weekly basis
• To reduce the overall DSO (Days Sales Outstanding Chasing for Direct Debit mandates
• Dealing with queries in a timely and professional manner
• Sending out statements and chase letters
• Ensure compliance to internal and external regulations and procedures
• Identify, facilitate and implement process improvement ideas to improve process efficiencies.
• Liaise with auditors, tax authorities and regulatory authorities as required for the countries served in FSS
• Support the assigned project (when required)
• Maintain and ensure process workflow and documentation are up to date to the current processes
Why should you apply:
• Competitive salary;
• Stimulating bonuses;
• Real career opportunity;
• Professional training;
• Opportunity to practice and further improve your foreign language skills.
If you feel comfortable with the above mentioned requirements and want to become part of our team, we would really like to speak to you. So in order to apply for the position of a Credit Controller with EU languages, please send us your CV in English.
All documents will be treated in strict confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.