Vega Medical is a healthcare improvement company operating from its headquarters in Sofia, Bulgaria and regional subsidiaries. We help hospitals, clinics and physicians deliver better patient care and at the same time improve efficiency and optimize costs.
Over the last few years, Vega Medical has become a preferred partner for leading medical manufacturers and more than 160 healthcare institutions in the region. We operate in Bulgaria, Serbia, Macedonia, Kosovo and Albania with the goal to not only provide products and services but also be a platform for the exchange of knowledge, ideas and best practices.
Vega is uniquely positioned to provide the resources required to help our partners thrive in an ever-changing healthcare system.
As we take on new and exciting challenges, we are looking for an addition to our Field Service Engineers team. On this role at Vega Medical, you would be responsible for installing, repairing and doing overall maintenance of medical devices in hospitals. Emphasis will be on quality of the service and communication with the client (the hospital staff).
- Installs and repairs medical equipment, such
as computerized, robotized and other mechanized electronic systems,
- Consults with customer or supervisor to plan
equipment layout for initial installation;
- Studies blueprints, schematics, manuals, and
other specifications to determine installation procedures;
- Interacts with internal and external project
managers during field projects;
- Installs or oversees installation of equipment
according to manufacturer\\\'s specifications;
- Operates system to demonstrate equipment and
to analyse malfunctions;
- Fine-tunes and troubleshoots equipment for
- Interprets maintenance manuals, schematics,
and wiring diagrams, and repairs equipment, utilizing knowledge of electronics
and mechanics using standard test instruments and hand-tools;
- Instructs and directs operating personnel in
initial troubleshooting and repair works, if possible;
- Performs routine equipment maintenance and
advises on establishing preventative maintenance schedules;
- May advise management regarding customer
satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements, as
well as new product demands and trends;
- Technical qualifications in electronics /
automation / mechanical engineering;
Experience in service and maintenance of high-end equipment or laboratory and medical capital equipment will be considered an advantage*;
Working knowledge of blueprints, schematic drawings, and other drawings to determine different procedures is a must;
Practical experience and ability to test and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical equipment;
- Basic knowledge of network administration;
- Good level of English (to be able to read manuals and communicate with partner engineers from abroad);
- Should be ready to spend working hours at customers’ sites, approximately 60% of the time;
- Driving license (active driver - the position
requires frequent trips in the region and abroad).
*Field service engineers who have no experience
with medical equipment particularly may also be trained and obtain professional
certifications as needed.
- Great remuneration package
- Working in a company with high ethical and professional standards;
- A supportive team of creative, ambitious and truly inspiring people;
- Constant improvement policy, aimed at frequent personal and professional trainings;
- Professional certification for a variety of machines.
If what we have described seems like the perfect fit for you, then we would love to hear from you. To apply, please send us your CV and cover letter in English.We will be contacting only shortlisted candidates.