The IT Security Engineer will install, manage and maintain firewalls, intrusion prevention or detection systems, log management and antivirus servers, as well as network systems to ensure the stable operations of TEK’s IT security infrastructure. The successful candidate will analyse, administer and resolve issues related to network security as well as perform security vulnerability assessments, server hardening and respond to security incidents.
What we're looking for
Dynamic, passionate and proven people who want to make a positive difference with the people they work with and customers we support. You will have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment where everyone is empowered and committed to deliver the best in industry customer experience. Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a given, as is a ‘can do’ attitude and a thirst to learn and develop professional and soft skills.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide assistance in analysis, design, administration, and monitoring of security controls for network, applications, and data in accordance with organization security, privacy, and compliance policies
- Coordinate with IT Security Engineers at other sites to resolve problems and faults
- Administer security products and devices while keeping supported security infrastructure in great working and functional condition
- Participate in security vulnerability assessment and incident response procedures
- Protect customer data and cover network security risks for the infrastructure environment
- Participate in change management while implementing system changes, upgrades, and updates
- Provide Technical support for other teams within the organization
- Ensure all IT Global policies/standards and procedures are followed
- Maintain safety standards in the working environment that comply with TEK and partner’s HSSE standard
- Ensure that all servers and workstations are protected by the latest security measures
- Capacity planning for system upgrade
- Fully understand Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) for business continuity. Make sure the compliant with TEK’s global DRP. Join the project team for DR Exercise
- Technical Representative at his/ her site for solving Crisis problems
Skills and competencies:
- Knowledge and experience with network security solutions (VPN, NGFW, DMZ, IPS, URL/Content filtering, Thread Defense/AMP):
- NG Firewalls - Cisco, FortiGate, Palo Alto Networks
- Firewalls - NAT/Access Control Policy rules – vendor independent
- Switches/Routers/Firewalls – Access Control Lists, SSL and IPSec VPN technologies
- Knowledge and/or experience of AV, Logging and Monitoring solutions:
- McAfee ePO/VirusScan/Endpoint Security Platform Management
- SIEM solutions – logging/reporting
- Knowledge of security hardening techniques and methodologies applicable to any vendor platform and operating system
- Knowledge of security vulnerability assessment technologies – Nessus Tenable
- Virtualization – general knowledge, experience in administration of VMware ESXi-s
- Linux OS: Ubuntu/Debian and RedHat/CentOS knowledge
- Strong network skills - knowledge of network devices, LAN/WAN concepts, data transmission, OSI model, routing and switching protocol stack
- General overview knowledge of Active Directory – GPO objects, User/Group/Password management
- Microsoft Office 365 Security applications – Exchange, Azure, Threat Analytics, WAF (or alternatives from other vendors)
- Experience in cyber threat prevention from intrusions, viruses, malware and phishing
- Experience in IT Service Management for Incident, Change and Configuration Management and supervising security incidents/changes/configurations
- Willing to learn, test and evaluate new security technologies, systems and services
- Good Troubleshooting / Analysing / Investigation skills
Why Tek Experts?
We only exist to help IT companies make a difference in the world. We make sure nothing gets in the way of them doing great things. Clients stay with us because we’re a disruptive-thinking, dynamic and fast-growing business and because of the success of our people. We believe in the power of people and the quality of our teams. They’re smart, curious, client-oriented and results-driven. If this sounds like you and you want to be part of our journey, apply now.
My Career. My Future. My Tek Experts.
Tek Experts is an equal opportunity employer. We do not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.
Start fulfilling your dreams
If you think you have what it takes to make a difference and want to work for a company that can offer you unlimited potential then apply for this position now and tell us more about what you can bring to our business.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
What we offer you
Continuous personal and professional
Learning A career, not a job
Opportunity to realize your full potential
Be part of something great