Translation Project Coordinator
Sandberg Translation Partners is looking for a Translation Project Coordinator to join its dynamic team of project managers in a busy translation company specialising in the Nordic languages and English.
Managing a wide variety of translation projects and using the latest translation environment technology, this is a fantastic opportunity. If you want to gain experience in the translation industry works, there’s no better place to work.
Job in Brief
Role: Project Coordinator
Location: Varna City Centre, Bulgaria
Working alongside your project management team and STP’s linguistic and support teams, you will be a spider in the web, managing multilingual translation projects from client quotation to scoping and preparing projects, sourcing suppliers and overseeing the translation process from start to finish.
You will be trained for and use a multitude of translation environment tools, workflows and processes, and benefit from being at the cutting edge of technological developments in the translation industry.
Your daily tasks will include:
· using your problem-solving and creative thinking skills
· scoping, placing and handling multilingual translation projects
· thinking on your feet and making key decisions at every stage of the project
· preparing and optimising projects using appropriate technology and workflows
· interacting and building relationships with translators
· planning and scheduling project timelines
· supporting translators and revisers in the translation process
· delivering satisfactory, completed work on time, to the client’s specifications
· collaborating with other linguistic teams and departments across STP
Skills and Experience
· university degree
· fluency in English
· excellent IT skills
· positive, helpful and flexible attitude
· ability to learn and apply new skills, technologies and workflows quickly
· developed problem-solving and logical thinking skills
· interest and knowledge of the translation industry
· great customer service skills
· knowledge of the Nordic languages
· degree in Translation Studies
· knowledge of computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools
· experience in project management
Sandberg Translation Partners Ltd (STP) is an ISO 17100-certified translation company with a strong reputation for reliability, service and linguistic quality.
We have 20 years’ niche experience of the Nordic translation market and translate more than 50 million words every year – mainly for other translation companies. Our core languages are Danish, English, Finnish, French, German, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish, but our rich database of trusted freelance linguists allows us to cover many other combinations on request.
Our work environment is both stimulating and supportive, with structured training to help our in-house staff continuously grow and develop their skills. We employ a mix of junior, senior and lead in-house translators, as well as a large team of highly trained project managers.