iGaming Ltd, part of an international group, is an affiliate marketing company in the iGaming industry. We build websites for lead generation via organic Google rankings, with the goal of providing helpful information to our visitors. This approach ensures that visitors can make educated decisions, while providing valuable leads for our partners and long-term growth for our company.
To achieve this, we depend on our good interpersonal dynamics and the expertise of the professionals in our four main departments: Design, Code, SEO and, of course, Content. It is precisely the content department here in Varna that needs some fresh blood as we currently have open positions for writers/editors in our UK content team.
Here Are the Main Responsibilities of Our Content Writers/Editors:
● Writing original, user-focused and accurate content pieces in the required format (article, blog post, social post, review, etc) and tone (straightforward, informative or more relaxed, fun)
● Editing and/or updating previously written content
● Researching various topics and collecting relevant and accurate data to be later used by all team members
● Keyword research and on-page optimisation
● Creating original content structures while keeping in mind the design of the site and the final look of the page itself
● Working closely with colleagues from different departments in an effort to turn the team's ideas into reality
Here Is What We Are Looking For:
If you are anything like our imaginary ideal candidate for this position, you would possess all or most of the following qualities:
● You love English! You simply live and breathe the language, sometimes even catch yourself thinking in English. You turn off the subtitles when watching movies or TV series in English because you are annoyed with the translation. Your friends often get frustrated with you because you cannot utter one sentence in your mother tongue without shoving an English word or expression in there. That, or you are a native English speaker.
● You appreciate good writing and enjoy writing yourself. You like creating useful, accurate and entertaining pieces of content. You know about the different types of web content - articles, blog posts, reviews, social posts, infographics, slideshows, etc. You are also a bit of a grammar nazi. Your biggest pet peeves are typos and you barely manage to restrain yourself from writing a letter of complaint to any author who has the audacity to skip a comma. Naturally, reading the comment sections of websites is a sheer torture.
● You are creative yet detail-oriented (not necessarily at the same time). Your best definition of the word ‘creativity’ is ‘intelligence having fun’ and you enjoy letting your brain have some fun from time to time. Still, when the conditions require it, you can switch to a more focused mode where no detail can escape you - a state of mind which is perfect for more ‘non-creative’ activities such as editing, technical checks, research and task preparation.
● You are a team player. You would rather leave your own tasks on the back burner than refuse to lend a helping hand to a colleague. You realise that, in the long run, the chance for growth and success is way greater when you are a part of a strong team, so you do everything you can to better not only yourself, but the people around you as well.
● You are computer-savvy. You know your way around the most widely used programs like Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the browsers Chrome and Firefox, and easily get used to new software. When you have to do something new using these programs, you don’t need anyone’s help because you can quickly find an easy-to-follow instructional video or article online.
● You are an Internet-junkie. Be it at home on your computer or on the go through your mobile, you are constantly looking for the answer to the latest random question that popped into your head or for a solution to a problem that caught you by surprise. On a daily basis, you ask Google way more questions than you ask actual people. And you are a master at quickly finding what you’re looking for because you ‘have the best words’ to type into the search engine.
● You are a problem solver. You don’t have the time nor the desire to point the finger at others or fish for excuses because you are too busy thinking of solutions to the issue at hand. Furthermore, you welcome the challenge as you are learning so much along the way.
● You like computer or mobile phone games. Whether they are as simple as Candy Crush or require serious skills and strategy like World of Warcraft, you enjoy the escapism that games provide and consider them to be an excellent way to relax your otherwise racing mind.
If you at least partially saw yourself in the above-presented description, then we invite you to apply for the position of web content writer and editor at our company. Send us your CV accompanied by a cover letter in which you tell us about your education and work experience, as well as about anything else you mind find relevant to the job application or simply interesting about yourself. Don’t be afraid to let your personality shine and use some wordsmith trickery to convince us that you’re the right person for the job! To make matters even more convincing, please write and send us an article of 500+ words on a gambling-related topic of your choice . You can use whatever resources you'd like, just don't plagiarise! If you already have published work, we would also love to see some samples.
Note that, while not obligatory, a university degree in English linguistics, philology or other relevant specialty, will be considered an advantage. Other big pluses would be previous experience in writing, editing or translation, interest in SEO and web trends, basic knowledge of HTML and/or Wordpress.
What’s in It for You:
By becoming a part of our team, you will be able to enjoy a wide array of benefits, including but not limited to:
● Great Working Environment - The atmosphere in the office is calm, easy-going, friendly, sometimes outright fun, which makes the work day pass as lightly as a breeze.
● An Awesome Team - What really makes our company special are the people behind it. At iGaming.com, we have professionals with different expertise that are always ready to help you and share their experience with you.
● Flexible Working Hours - We focus on your output and performance, rather than the hours you spend glued to your desk.
● Social Benefits - Each team member receives additional health insurance and a free sports card that they can use in dozens of facilities around the city.
● Great Remuneration - You will receive an above-average wage for your skillset and experience. But even more importantly, your salary will have the option to grow according to your development and contribution to the work process.
● Team Events - The company organises events on a regular basis – various team buildings, game days, excursions, volleyball and football matches. But even more than that, the team members often organise themselves to go to concerts and other interesting events which anyone could join.
Your data will be treated in complete confidentiality.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your failure to send all required documents will lead to not including you in the short list.